This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Translational Research
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Experimental Production of Megaloblastic Anemia, an Interrelationship Between Ascorbic Acid and Pteroylglutamic Acid.J. Lab. & Clin. Med. 1949; 34: 1724
- Megaloblastic Anemia.Bull. Univ. Minn. Hosp. Staff. 1950; 21: 208-228
- Urinary Phenols in Pernicious Anemia.J. Lab. & Clin. Med. 1947; 32: 1242-1247
- The Control of Experimental Alcaptonuria by Means of Vitamin C.Science. 1939; 90: 517
- The Excretion of Hemogentisic Acid and Other Tyrosine Metabolites by the Vitamin C-Deficient Guinea Pig.J. Biol. Chem. 1940; 135: 251-258
- The Influence of l-Ascorbic Acid on Rupture of Benzene Ring of l-Tyrosine Consumed in High Doses by Guinea Pigs.Biochem. J. 1947; 41: 511-519
- The Effect of Pteroylglutamic Acid and Related Compounds From Tyrosine Metabolism in the Scorbutic Guinea Pig.J. Biol. Chem. 1949; 178: 861-868
- A Defect in the Metabolism of Tyrosine and Phenylalanine in Premature Infants. I. Identification and Assay of Intermediary Products.J. Clin. Investigation. 1941; 20: 199-207
- A Defect in the Metabolism of Tyrosine and Phenylalanine in Premature Infants. II. Spontaneous Occurrence and Eradication by Vitamin C.J. Clin. Investigation. 1941; 20: 209-219
- Tyrosine Metabolism in Human Scurvy.J. Lab. & Clin. Med. 1949; 34: 1491-1501
- A New Error of Tyrosine Metabolism: Tyrosinosis. The Intermediary Metabolism of Tyrosine and Phenylalanine.Biochem. J. 1932; 26: 917-940
- Pyruvic Acid. II. The Determination of Keto Acids in Blood and Urine.J. Biol. Chem. 1943; 147: 415-442
- The Effect of Pteroylglutamic Acid on the Aromatic Amino-Acid Metabolism of Premature Infants.Science. 1949; 109: 332
Received: June 19, 1950
☆Supported by a grant from Wyeth Incorporated, Philadelphia, Pa.
© 1950 Published by Elsevier Inc.