This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
A simple method of venous catheterization is described. Plastic catheters provide increased comfort for patients during prolonged intravenous fluid therapy. The only significant complication of the use of venous cathers is thrombophlebitis. The average patient may be expected to develop thrombophlebitis as a result of 3.33 days of continuous fluid therapy by this procedure.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Translational Research
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Intravenous Catheterization.Am. J. Nursing. 1945; 45: 930
- Intravenous Tubing for Parenteral Therapy.Science. 1945; 101: 567
- New Flexible Capillary Tubing for Venoclysis.in: Proc. Staff Meet. Mayo Clin. 22. 1947: 206
- Production of Gastroduodenal Ulcers in the Dog.Surgery. 1948; 24: 944
- Method for Recording Arterial Pressure Pulse and Blood Pressure in Man.Am. Heart J. 1949; 37: 771
- Expansile Needle for Introduction of Intravenous Catheters.J. Lab. & Clin. Med. 1949; 34: 584
- Continuous Intravenous Dextrose.Internat. S. Digest. 1930; 10: 3
- Venoclysis—Dangers and Contraindications.Am. J. Surg. 1934; 25: 319
- Studies of Amino Acid Administration.J. Pediat. 1944; 24: 371
- Intravenous Nourishment in Man.in: Proc. Soc. Exper. Biol. & Med. 49. 1942: 329
- Intravenous Feeding of a Complete diet in a Child.J. Pediat. 1944; 25: 400
- Intravenous Alimentation of Infants.J. Pediat. 1946; 29: 758
- Experimental Study of Phlebitis Following Venoclysis.J. Lab. & Clin. Med. 1943; 28: 842
- New Techniques for Parenteral Fluid Administration.Surgery. 1945; 18: 592
- Koroseal—A Rubber Substitute.Am. J. Surg. 1946; 72: 254
- Surgical Drains Made of Vinyl Plastic Film.Surgery. 1947; 22: 671
- Respiratory Stimulation in Acute Cocaine Poisoning in Rabbits.J. Pharmacol. & Exper. Therap. 1928; 32: 215
- Calculation of Dosage Mortality Curves.Ann. Applied Biol. 1935; 22: 134
Received: May 1, 1950
© 1950 Published by Elsevier Inc.