This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Data are presented on a case of antithromboplastinemia, the unique features of which were its fulminant course, the potency of the antithromboplastin, its species specificity, and its rapid loss of activity in oxalated plasma stored in glass tubes. From the data available no inferences can be drawn regarding either the origin of this inhibitor or the therapy of the syndrome it produced.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Translational Research
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Hemorrhagic Diathesis With Prolonged Coagulation Time Associated With a Circulating Anticoagulant.Am. J. M. Sc. 1940; 199: 318
- The Presence of a Circulating Anticoagulant in a Male Member of a Hemophiliac Family.Tr. Am. Clin. & Climatol. A. (1941). 1942; 57: 223
- The Detrimental Effect of Frequent Transfusions in the Treatment of a Patient With Hemophilia.Am. J. M. Sc. 1943; 210: 710
- An Acquired Hemorrhagic Disease in a Female Due to an Inhibitor of Blood Coagulation.M. J. Australia. 1946; 2: 125
- The Biological Significance of the Thromboplastic Protein of Blood.J. Biol. Chem. 1946; 166: 189
- Hemophilia. A Report of the Mechanism of the Development and Action of an Anticoagulant in Two Cases.Blood. 1947; 2: 505
- Activator of Plasma Thromboplastinogen and Evidence of an Inhibitor.in: Proc. Soc. Exper. Biol. & Med. 67. 1948: 111
- Studies on an Undetermined Circulating Anticoagulant. Case Report and Laboratory Findings.Blood. 1949; 4: 120
- Circulating Anticoagulant as a Cause of Hemorrhagic Diathesis in Man.Bull Johns Hopkins Hosp. 1948; 83: 288
- Hemorrhagic Diathesis Associated With the Presence of an Anticoagulant in Circulating Blood.Blood. 1948; 3: 1188
- Hemophilia-like Disease With Prolonged Coagulation Time and a Circulating Anticoagulant.Blood. 1950; 5: 46
- Silicones and Blood Coagulation.Canad. M. A. J. 1946; 55: 26
- Prolongation of the Coagulation of Whole Blood by Dicumarol in Man.Am. J. Med. 1948; 5: 40
- Clinical Application of Hippuric Acid and Prothrombin Tests.Am. J. Clin. Path. 1940; 10: 222
- Studies on the Enigma of the Hemostatic Dysfunction of Hemophilia.Am. J. M. Sc. 1947; 214: 272
- The Coagulation of Blood. Investigations on a New Clotting Factor.Acta med. Scandinav. 1947;
- Serum and Plasma Autithrombin.in: Proc. Soc. Exper. Biol. & Med. 67. 1948: 367
- Studies on a Proteolytic Enzyme in Human Plasma. IV. The Rate of Lysis of Plasma Clots in Normal and Diseased Individuals, With Particular Reference to Hepatic Disease.Bull. Johns Hopkins Hosp. 1949; 83: 29
- The Thromboplastic Reagent for the Determination of Prothrombin.Science. 1940; 92: 113
- Separation and Assay of a Lipid Antithromboplastin From Human Brain, Blood, Plasma, and Plasma, Fractions. Blood Clotting and Allied Problems.in: Transactions of the Second Conference. Josiah Macy, Jr., Foundation, 1949
- The Chemical Purification and Mode of Action of a Thromboplastic Inhibitor. Blood Clotting and Allied Problems.in: Transactions of the Second Conference. Josiah Macy, Jr., Foundation, 1949
Received: April 3, 1950
☆This study was supported by a grant from the Charlton Fund.
☆☆Presented at the Eastern Sectional Meeting, the American Federation for Clinical Research, Boston, Dec. 3, 1949.
© 1950 Published by Elsevier Inc.