This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
- 1.1. Aureomycin given intravenously was recovered rapidly, in significant levels, in the stomach, duodenum, and colon.
- 2.2. The Aureomycin found in the colon suggests secretion of the drug along the lower portion of the bowel.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Translational Research
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Aureomycin in Acute Fulminant Hepatitis: Report of Successful Treatment in 3 Cases.New York State J. Med. 1950; 50: 1393-1395
- Studies on the Use of Aureomycin in Hepatic Disease III. A Note on Aureomycin Therapy in Hepatic Coma.Am. J. M. Sc. 1950; 220: 166-172
- Aureomycin: Studies on Absorption, Diffusion and Excretion.in: ed. 2. Proc. Staff Meet., Mayo Clin. 24. 1949: 157-166
- The Excretion and Concentration of Aureomycin in the Abnormal Human Biliary Tract. Part I—Gall Bladder.Gastroenterol. 1950; 16: 475-478
- The Excretion and Concentration of Aureomycin in the Abnormal Human Biliary Tract. Part II—Hepatic Bile.Gastroenterol. 1950; 16: 479-483
- Aureomycin and Terramycin in Human Saliva.in: ed. 2. Proc. Soc. Exper. Biol. & Med. 78. 1951: 554-558
- Effect of Intravenous Aureomycin on the Intestinal Flora of Dog and Man.in: ed. 2. Proc. Soc. Exper. Biol. & Med. 78. 1951: 121-122
- El Sondaje Duodenal en el Diagnostico de las Ictericias. El Sindroma Paradojal.Rev. Med. de Chile. 1940; 68: 277-279
- The Determination of Aureomycin in Serum and Other Body Fluids.Ann. New York Acad. Sc. 1948; 51: 218-220
- Paper-Disc Agar-Plate Method for Assay of Antibiotic Substances.J. Bact. 1945; 50: 459-467
- Determination of the Sensitivity in Vitro of Bacteria to Chemotherapeutic Agents.Acta Path. et Microbiol. Scandinav. 1951; 85: 1-162
Received: December 31, 1952
☆Supported in part under a contract from the Office of the Surgeon General, United States Army, under the sponsorship of the Commission on Liver Diseases, Armed Forces Epidemiological Board.
☆☆The Aureomycin used was furnished through the courtesy of the Lederle Laboratories Division, American Cyanamid Company, Pearl River, New York.
© 1953 Published by Elsevier Inc.