Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Translational Research
- The kidney and erythropoiesis.Amer. J. Med. 1968; 44: 725
- Inhibition of protein synthesis by N-methyl-2-pyridone-5-formamidoacetic acid and other compounds isolated from uremic patients.Yale J. Biol. Med. 1965; 38: 273
- Erythropoiesis in patients with renal failure undergoing chronic dialysis.New Eng. J. Med. 1967; 276: 653
- Microangiopathic haemolytic anaemia: The possible role of vascular lesions in pathogenesis.Brit. J. Haemat. 1962; 8: 358
- Evidence that guanidines and some related compounds cause haemolysis in chronic uremia.Clin. Sci. 1968; 34: 141
- Adenosine triphosphate and shape of erythrocytes.J. Biochem. (Tokyo). 1961; 49: 487
- A direct relationship of adenosine triphosphate level and in vivo viability of erythrocytes.Nature. 1902; 194: 877
- Lowered glucose utilization, phosphate uptake, and reduced glutathione content of erythrocytes following bilateral nephrectomy.J. Lab. Clin. Med. 1958; 51: 49
- Study of the effect of uremic metabolites on erythrocyte glycolysis.Metabolism. 1964; 13: 629
- Effect of dialysis and purine ribosides upon the anemia of uremia.J. Clin. Invest. 1957; 36: 923
- The ADP and ATP levels and the phosphorylating activity of erythrocytes in patients with uremia associated with chronic renal failure.Tohoku J. Exp. Med. 1964; 84: 105
- Erythrocyte production and metabolism in anephric and uremic men.Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci. 1968; 149: 539
- Organic phosphate compounds of erythrocytes from individuals with uremia.J. Lab. Clin. Med. 1964; 64: 675
- An ion transport defect in erythrocytes from uremic patients.Trans. Ass. Amer. Physicians. 1964; 77: 169
- Ionic effects on firefly bioluminescence assay of red blood cell ATP.Anal. Biochem. 1966; 17: 268
- Is hemoglobin an essential structural component of human erythrocyte membranes?.J. Clin. Invest. 1963; 42: 581
- The photometric microdetermination of blood glucose with glucose oxidase.J. Lab. Clin. Med. 1958; 51: 448
- Determination of 1-lactate.in: Bergmeyer H.U. Methods of enzymatic analysis. Academic Press, Inc, New York1963: 123
- Adenosine-5-triphosphate determination with phosphoglycerate kinase.in: Bergmeyer H.U. Methods of enzymatic analysis. Academic Press, Inc, New York1963: 539
- Kinetik des 2,3-diphosphoglyceratumsatzes in menschlichen erythrocyten.Biochem. Z. 1965; 341: 387
- d-2,3-diphosphoglycerate.in: Bergemeyer H.U. Methods of enzymatic analysis. Academic Press, Inc, New York1963: 238
- The role of erythrocyte intermediates in “Programing” for oxygen release in normal human and in hypoxic diseases.J. Clin. Invest. 1969; 48: 11a
- Metabolic dependence of red cell deformability.J. Clin. Invest. 1969; 48: 795
- Studies on the preservation of human blood. II. The relationship of erythrocyte adenosine triphosphate levels and other in vitro measures to red cell storageability.J. Lab. Clin. Med. 1967; 69: 968
- Inhibition of lactic dehydrogenase by ultra-filtrate of uremic blood.Metabolism. 1963; 12: 1051
- Über die aktivierung der glykolyse in menschlichen erythrocyten durchanorganisches phosphat.in: Habil. Schrift, München. 1963
- Role of inorganic phosphate in stimulating glucose utilization of human red blood cells.Biochem. Biophys. Res. Comm. 1964; 15: 33
- Inorganic phosphate and enhanced glucose degradation by intact erythrocytes.J. Biol. Chem. 1965; 240: 2806
- Control of glycolysis in human red blood cells.J. Biol. Chem. 1966; 241: 4848
- Erythrocyte adenosine triphosphate depletion during hypophosphatemia in a uremic subject.New Eng. J. Med. 1969; 280: 240
- Beobachtungen bei der phosphat-aktivierung der erythrocyten-glykolyse.in: Metabolism and membrane permeability of erythrocytes and thrombocytes. 1st Inter. Symp. Vienna. June 17 to 20, 1968: 19
- Intracellular organic phosphates as regulators of oxygen release by haemoglobin.Nature. 1969; 221: 618
- Improved oxygen release: adaptation of mature red cells to hypoxia.J. Clin. Invest. 1968; 47: 1851
- Red-cell phosphate and hemoglobin oxygen affinity in uremia.New Eng. J. Med. 1969; 281: 966
Lichtman, M. A., Miller, D. R., and Cohen, J.: Reduced red cell glycolysis, 2,3-diphosphoglycerate and adenosine triphosphate and increased hemoglobin-oxygen affinity during severe hypophosphatemia induced by hyperalimentation. Unpublished observations.
Lichtman, M. A.: Divalent cation content of erythrocyte membranes. In preparation.
- Erythrocyte metabolism and function: Hexokinase inhibition by 2,3-diphosphoglycerate and interaction with ATP and Mg2+.Biochem. Biophys. Acta. 1969; 192: 157
- On a regulatory system of the adenine level in the plasma connected with red cell maturation and its effect on the adenine nucleotides of the circulating erythrocyte.Blood. 1969; 33: 617
☆These studies were supported by United States Public Health Service Grants HE-06241-07 and AM-13947-01, a United States Public Health Service General Research Support Grant, research grants from the Monroe County Cancer and Leukemia Society, the Nutrition Foundation, Inc., and by the United States Atomic Energy Commission at the University of Rochester Atomic Energy Project and has been assigned publication No. UR-49-1257.
☆☆Presented in part at the meeting of the Association of American Physicians, Atlantic City, N. J., May 6, 1969.