Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Translational Research
- Suppression of hematopoiesis by ethanol.J Clin Invest. 1964; 43: 2048-2062
- Thrombocytopenia in alcoholics.Ann Intern Med. 1968; 68: 526-532
- Thrombocytopenia and alcoholism.Ann Intern Med. 1968; 68: 1230-1236
- Hematologic effects of alcohol in man in the absence of nutritional deficiency.N Engl J Med. 1969; 281: 333-338
- Alcoholic thrombocytopenia in three inpatient drinking alcoholics.Arch Intern Med. 1970; 125: 475-477
- Thrombocytopenia of severe alcoholism.Ann Intern Med. 1971; 74: 37-43
- Alcohol-induced thrombocytopenia in man.J Clin Invest. 1968; 47 (Abst.): 95a
- Pathogenesis of alcohol-induced sideroblastic bone marrow abnormalities.N Engl J Med. 1970; 283: 441-446
- A syllabus of laboratory examinations in clinical diagnosis.Harvard University Press, Cambridge1961
- The reproducibility and constancy of the platelet count.Am J Clin Pathol. 1953; 23: 15-26
- Aseptic addition method for Lactobacillus casei assay of folate activity in human serum.J Clin Pathol. 1966; 19: 12-16
- Method of assay of red cell folate activity and the value of the assay as a test for folate deficiency.J Clin Pathol. 1966; 19: 17-28
- A sugar-containing basal medium for vitamin B12 assay with Euglena; application to body fluids.J Protozool. 1956; 3: 101-112
- Investigations into the Euglena method for the assay of the vitamin B12 in serum.J Clin Pathol. 1964; 17: 14-26
- Determination of serum and blood pyridoxal phosphate concentrations with purified rabbit skeletal muscle phosphorylase b.J Lab Clin Med. 1969; 73: 343-349
- Bound iron and unsaturated iron-binding capacity; rapid and reliable quantitative determination.in: Ed. 4. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 87. 1954: 443-448
- Megakaryocyte quantitation.J Clin Invest. 1968; 47: 452-457
- Thrombokinetics in man.J Clin Invest. 1969; 48: 963-974
- Ferrokinetics: A biologic model for plasma iron exchange in man.J Clin Invest. 1970; 49: 197-205
- Platelet sequestration in man. I. Methods.J Clin Invest. 1964; 43: 843-855
- Pooling of platelets in the spleen; role in the pathogenesis of “hypersplenic” thrombocytopenia.J Clin Invest. 1966; 45: 645-657
- Protein measurement with the Folin phenol reagent.J Biol Chem. 1951; 193: 265-275
- Platelet size and number in alcoholic thrombocytopenia.N Engl J Med. 1972; 286: 355-356
- Heterogeneity of human platelets. I. Metabolic and kinetic evidence suggestive of young and old platelets.J Clin Invest. 1969; 48: 1073-1082
- Platelet size in relation to platelet age.in: Ed. 4. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 115. 1964: 684-689
Haut MJ and Cowan DH: The effect of ethanol on hemostatic properties of human blood platelets. Submitted for publication.
☆Supported by Hematology Training Grant No. AM05420-05 from the United States Public Health Service, General Research Support Grant No. RR-05410 from the National Institutes of Health, and Grant No. MH-19558 from the National Institutes of Mental Health.
☆☆A portion of this paper was presented at the Forty-second Annual Meeting of the Central Society for Clinical Research, October 31, 1969.