Abbreviations:Percentage of surface covered by unspread platelets ((C)), platelet adhesion percentage of surface covered by platelets ((C + S)), percentage of surface covered by spread platelets ((S)), International Unit ((U)), reaction rate constant for platelet contact ((kc)), reaction rate constant for platelet spreading ((ks)), reaction rate constant for platelet detachment ((kd)), ethylenediamine tetraacetic acid ((EDTA)), factor VIII/von Willebrand factor ((FVIII VWF)), factor VIII—related antigen ((VIIIR:Ag)), factor VIII—related ristocetin co-factor ((VIIIR:RCo)), factor VIII coagulant activity ((VIII:C)), defined by equations in the Appendix (a1 by equation A3, a2 by equation A4, a3 by equation A5, a4 by equation A6)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Translational Research
- Decreased adhesion of platelets to subendothelium in von Willebrand's disease.J Lab Clin Med. 1974; 83: 296
- Effect of shear rate on platelet interaction with subendothelium in citrated and native blood. I. Shear-dependent decrease of adhesion in von Willebrand's disease and the Bernard-Soulier syndrome.J Lab Clin Med. 1978; 92: 750
- Correction by factor VIII of the impaired platelet adhesion to subendothelium in von Willebrand's disease.Blood. 1978; 51: 267
- Human blood platelet adhesion to artery subendothelium is mediated by factor VIII:VWF bound to the subendothelium.Nature. 1979; 279: 636
- Factor VIII/von Willebrand's factor in subendothelium mediates platelet adhesion.Thromb Haemost. 1981; 48: 199
- Biochemical analysis of cell adhesion to a substratum and its possible relevance to cell metastasis.in: Membranes and Neoplasia: New Approaches and Strategies. Alan R. Liss, Inc, New York1976: 227-236
- Binding of factor VIII-von Willebrand factor to human arterial subendothelium precedes increased platelet adhesion and enhances platelet spreading.J Lab Clin Med. 1981; 97: 568
- Kinetics and Mechanisms.in: ed. 2. John Wiley & Sons, Inc, New York1961: 173-177
- Platelet interaction with subendothelium in flowing rabbit blood—effect of blood shear rate.Microvasc Res. 1979; 17: 38
- The effect of shear rate on platelet interaction with subendothelium exposed to citrated human blood.Microvasc Res. 1980; 19: 352
- The role of blood flow in platelet adhesion, fibrin deposition and formation of mural thrombi.Microvasc Res. 1973; 5: 167
- Platelet adhesion, release and aggregation in flowing blood: effects of surface properties and platelet function.Thromb Haemost. 1976; 35: 124
- Platelet reaction with collagen in flowing blood. I. Reaction of human platelets with α-chymotrypsin digested subendothelium.Thromb Haemost. 1977; 37: 1
- Effects of anticoagulation on the interaction of human platelets with subendothelium in flowing blood.Schweiz Med Wochenschr. 1976; 106: 1367
- Stabilization of factor VIII in plasma by the von Willebrand factor: studies on post-transfusion and dissociated factor VIII and in patients with von Willebrand's disease.J Clin Invest. 1977; 60: 390
- Heterogeneous abnormalities in the multimeric structure, antigenic properties, and plasma-platelet content of factor VIII/von Willebrand factor in subtypes of classic (type I) and variant (type IIA) von Willebrand's disease.J Lab Clin Med. 1983; 101: 411
- Platelet interaction with collagen fibrils in flowing blood. II. Impaired adhesion-aggregation in bleeding disorders. A comparison with subendothelium.Thromb Haemost. 1977; 37: 17
- Interaction of platelets with subendothelium: a new method for identifying and classifying abnormalities of platelet function.Ann NY Acad Sci. 1977; 283: 293
- Effect of temperature on platelet interaction with subendothelium exposed to flowing blood.Haemostasis. 1974; 3: 224
- Prostacyclin (Prostaglandin I2, PGI2) inhibits platelet adhesion and thrombus formation on subendothelium.Blood. 1979; 53: 244
- Surface reactivity and thrombus formation: subendothelium versus artificial surfaces.Trans Am Soc Artif Intern Organs. 1978; 24: 568
☆This work was done in part during the tenure of an Established Investigatorship of the American Heart Association and supported in part by grants HL 27346 and HL 27204 from the U. S. Public Health Service.
☆☆Several patients with von Willebrand's disease were made available through the assistance of Dr. Marjorie Zucker and Dr. Richard Lipton.