This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Abbreviations:CHD (coronary heart disease), IFN-γ (interferon-γ), IL (interleukin), LDL (low-density lipoprotein), MI (myocardial infarction), PDGF (platelet-derived growth factor), PUFA (polyunsaturated fatty acid), SMC (smooth muscle cell), TNF (tumor necrosis factor)
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Translational Research
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- The pathogenesis of coronary artery disease and the acute coronary syndromes.N Engl J Med. 1992; 326: 242-250
- The scavenger cell pathway for lipoprotein degradation. Specificity of the binding site that mediates the uptake of negativelycharged LDL by macrophages.J Supramol Struct. 1980; 13: 67-81
- Enhanced macrophage degradation of low density lipoprotein previously incubated with cultured endothelial cells: recognition by receptors for acetylated low density lipoproteins.in: 3rd ed. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 78. 1981: 6499-6503
- Current status review: free radicals, reactive oxygen species and human disease: a critical evaluation with special reference to atherosclerosis.Br J Exp Pathol. 1989; 70: 737-757
- Low density lipoprotein undergoes modification in vivo.in: 3rd ed. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 86. 1989: 1372-1376
- Oxidized low density lipoprotein induces differentiation and adhesion of human monocytes and the monocytic cell line U 937.in: 3rd ed. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 87. 1990: 904-908
- Induction of T cell activation by oxidized low density lipoprotein.Arterioscler Thromb. 1992; 12: 461-467
- Oxidized and native LDL enhances production of PDGF AA and the surface expression of PDGF receptors in cultured human arterial smooth muscle cells.Arterioscler Thromb. 1992; 12: 1099-1109
- Antioxidant treatment inhibits the development of intimai thickening after balloon injury of the aorta in hypercholesterolemic rabbits.J Clin Invest. 1993; 91: 1282-1288
- Susceptibility to low density lipoprotein oxidation and coronary atherosclerosis in man.Lancet. 1992; 339: 1183-1186
- Inverse correlation between plasma vitamin E and mortality from coronary heart disease in cross-cultural epidemiology.Am J Clin Nutr. 1991; 53: 326S-334S
- Vitamin E consumption and the risk of coronary disease in women.N Engl J Med. 1993; 328: 1444-1449
- Vitamin E consumption and the risk of coronary heart disease in men.N Engl J Med. 1993; 328: 1450-1456
Accepted: November 23, 1993
Received: November 8, 1993
© 1994 Published by Elsevier Inc.