This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
- 1.1. Colloidal preparations of sulphur when administered intravenously in guinea pigs produce anaphylactoid reactions.
- 2.2. Previous injections of sulphur apparently diminish the incidence and severity of the anaphylactoid response to sulphur.
- 3.3. Differences in the aqueous and oleous preparations are pointed out.
- 4.4. The lethal dose in guinea pigs is far in excess of the amounts recommended for clinical use.
- 5.5. The anaphylactoid reaction is discussed briefly.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Translational Research
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Dispersitätsgrad und pharmakologische Wirkung des Kolloiden Schwefels.Arch. f. Exper. Path. u. Pharmakol. 1928; 127: 366
- Toxic Effects of Sulphur in Guinea Pigs and Rabbits.J. Lab. & Clin. Med. 1934; 20: 169
- Use of Colloidal Sulfur in Treatment of Arthritis.J. Bone & Joint Surg. 1933; 15: 94
- Chemical Aspects of Immunity.American Chemical Society Monograph Series. 1925; (New York)
- Anaphylactoid Phenomena From Intravenous Administration of Various Colloids. Arsenicals, and Other Agents.J. Pharmacol. & Exper. Therap. 1920; 14 (Excellent bibliography): 379
- Fatal Pseudo-Anaphylaxis by Intramuscular Injection of Benzene and Related Substances.J. Immunol. 1934; 27: 525
- Thrombocyte and Erythrocyte Changes Produced by Agents Causing Anaphylactoid Reactions.J. Pharmacol. & Exper. Therap. 1926; 28: 433
- Hemoclastic Changes In Vitro From Agents Causing Anaphylactoid Reactions.J. Pharmacol. & Exper. Therap. 1928; 32: 273
- Infection, Immunity and Biologic Therapy.in: W. B. Saunders Co, Philadelphia1924: 576
- Trans. L'Inst. Therap. Bruxelles. 1922; 16 (Quoted by Hanzlik.8)
- Blood and Symptomatic Changes Following Intravenous Administration of Variety of Agents and Solutions.Arch. Int. Med. 1925; 36: 447
- Physiologic Consequences of Modification of Colloidal State of Plasma by Certain Fluorescent Dyes; Prevention of Anaphylactic Sensitization.Compt. rend. Soc. de biol. 1925; 95: 181
- Hyposulfite de Magnésium et choc Anaphylactique.Compt. rend. Soc. de Biol. 1929; 100: 351
- Allergic Shock From Substances Other Than Pollen and Serum.Ann. Int. Med. 1934; 7: 1308
- Fatal Post-transfusion Reactions.J. A. M. A. 1930; 94: 1114
- Fatal Post-transfusion Reactions.J. A. M. A. 1930; 94: 1116
Received: December 9, 1936
© 1937 Published by Elsevier Inc.