This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Methods are described for the determination of urea in blood and urine which are rapid and accurate. Both of these methods depend on the use of a concentrated urease reagent the preparation of which is also given in detail.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Translational Research
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- A Method for the Determination of Blood Urea Nitrogen.J. Lab. & Clin. Med. 1924; 9: 3
- An Accurate Method for the Estimation of Urea in Blood and Urine by Direct Nesslerizaton.J. Lab. & Clin. Med. 1926; 11: 1087
- The Determination of Blood Urea Nitrogen by Direct Nesslerization.J. Biol. Chem. 1930; 88: 189
- A Rapid and Accurate Method for the Determination of Urea in Blood.J. Biol. Chem. 1929; 83: 347
- An Improved Method for the Determination of Blood Urea Nitrogen by Direct Nesslerization.J. Lab. & Clin. Med. 1932; 17: 1256
- A New and Shorter Method for the Determination of Urea and Sugar in the Blood.J. Lab. & Clin. Med. 1924; 10: 233
- Note. The Recrystallization of Urease.J. Biol. Chem. 1926; 70: 97
- Crystalline Urease. II.J. Biol. Chem. 1928; 76: 149
- A Method for Urinary Urea.J. Lab. & Clin. Med. 1931; 16: 1221
- Note on the Determination of Urea in Urine by Direct Nesslerization.J. Biol. Chem. 1919; 38: 111
- A System of Blood Analysis.J. Biol. Chem. 1919; 38: 81
- A New Direct Nesslerization Micro Kjeldahl Method and a Modification of the Nessler-Folin Reagent for Ammonia.J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1924; 46: 2066
- Quantitative Clinical Chemistry. Vol. II. Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore1932
Received: October 16, 1936
☆From the Clinical Laboratory, U. S. Veterans Administration Facility.
☆☆Published with the permission of the Medical Director of the Veterans Administration, who assumes no responsibility for the opinions expressed or the conclusions drawn by the writer.
© 1937 Published by Elsevier Inc.