This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
A routine urea determination in blood has been described with the technical feature of placing an oxalate-jack bean powder mixture in specimen bottles effecting rapid hydrolysis of urea in the still body-warm blood. The urea is determined by direct nesslerization in the Folin-Wu filtrate which can be used also for other routine tests.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Translational Research
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Glycolysis in Drawn Blood in 24 Hours.Indian J. M. Research. 1938; 25: 933
- A New and Shorter Method for the Determination of Urea and Sugar in Blood.J. Lab. & Clin. Med. 1924; 10: 233
- Simplified Method for Determination of Urea.Am. J. Clin. Path. Tech. Supp. 1938; 2: 153
- A Method for the Determination of Urea Nitrogen.J. Lab. & Clin. Med. 1924; 9: 329
- The Determination of Blood Urea Nitrogen by Direct Nesslerization.J. Biol. Chem. 1932; 88: 184
- Practical Chemical Analysis of Blood.in: The C. V. Mosby Co, St. Louis1921: 35
- The Preservation of Blood for Chemical Analysis.J. Biol. Chem. 1923; 58: 1
- Blood Urea, Comparison of Methods.J. Lab. & Clin. Med. 1937; 23: 194
- A Direct Nesslerization Method for Urea Nitrogen in Blood Where Commercial Urease Is Employed.J. Lab. & Clin. Med. 1934; 19: 649
- Peters and Van Slyke.Quantitative Clinical Chemistry. 1932; 2: 558
- The Use of Copper and Iron Salts for the Deproteinization of Blood.J. Biol. Chem. 1931; 90: 725
- An Improved Method for the Determination of Blood Urea Nitrogen by Direct Nesslerization.J. Lab. & Clin. Med. 1932; 17: 1256
- Rapid and Accurate Methods for the Determination of Urea Nitrogen in Blood and Urine by Direct Nesslerization.J. Lab. & Clin. Med. 1936; 22: 1040
Received: August 31, 1939
☆The present work was continued at the Jewish Hospital, Louisville.
© 1940 Published by Elsevier Inc.