Abbreviations:13C-CA ([24-13C] cholic acid), CI (confidence interval), CTP (Child-Turcotte-Pugh), d4-CA ([2,2,4,4-2H(d)] cholic acid), DSI (disease severity index), HALT-C (hepatitis C antiviral long-term treatment against cirrhosis), HCV (chronic hepatitis C), HFR (hepatic filtration rate), HVPG (hepatic venous pressure gradient), ICC (intraclass correlation coefficient), INR (international normalized ratio), LC/MS (liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry), MELD (model for end-stage liver disease), NASH (nonalcoholic steatohepatitis)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Translational Research
- Recommendations for diagnosis, referral for liver biopsy, and treatment of NAFLD and NASH.Mayo Clin Proc. 2015; 90: 1233-1246
- Modeling the epidemic of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease demonstrates an exponential increase in burden of disease.Hepatology. 2018; 67: 123-133
- Estimations of the worldwide prevalence of chronic hepatitis B virus infection: a systematic review of data published between 1965 and 2013.Lancet. 2015; 386: 1546-1555
- Toward a more accurate estimate of the prevalence of hepatitis C in the United States.Hepatology. 2015; 62: 1353-1363
SAMHSA, Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality, National Survey on drug use and health, 2017 and 2018.
- Prevalence of alcoholic fatty liver disease among adults in the United States, 2001-2016.JAMA. 2019; 321: 1723-1725
- Factors associated with prevalence and treatment of primary biliary cholangitis in United States Health Systems.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2018; 16: 1333-1341
- Epidemiology of primary sclerosing cholangitis and primary biliary cirrhosis: a systematic review.J Hepatol. 2012; 56: 1181-1188
National Center for Health Statistics. Health, United States, 2016: With chartbook on long-term trends in health. Hyattsville, MD. 2017. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hus/hus16.pdf. Accessed September 11, 2020.
- Burden of gastrointestinal, liver, and pancreatic diseases in the United States.Gastroenterology. 2015; 149: 1731-1741
- Portal-systemic shunting in patients with fibrosis or cirrhosis due to chronic hepatitis C: the minimal model for measuring cholate clearances and shunt.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2007; 26: 401-410
- The spectrum of hepatic functional impairment in compensated chronic hepatitis C: results from the hepatitis C anti-viral long-term treatment against cirrhosis (HALT-C) trial.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2008; 27: 798-809
- Quantitative tests of liver function measure hepatic improvement after sustained virological response: results from the hepatitis C anti-viral long-term treatment against cirrhosis (HALT-C) trial.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2009; 29: 589-601
- Quantitative liver function tests improve the prediction of clinical outcomes in chronic hepatitis C: results from the hepatitis C antiviral long-term treatment against cirrhosis trial.Hepatology. 2012; 55: 1019-1029
- Functional elements associated with hepatic regeneration in living donors after right hepatic lobectomy.Liver Transpl. 2013; 19: 292-304
- Noninvasive assessment of liver function.Curr Opin Gastroenterol. 2015; 3: 199-208
- Portal-systemic shunt fraction measured by HepQuant-SHUNT test correlates with the hepatic venous pressure gradient (HVPG).Hepatology,. 2017; 66 (348A)
- Liver functional assessment by dual cholate testing is strongly correlated with direct portal pressure and Ishak fibrosis stage.Hepatology. 2017; 66 (1036A)
Hoteit MA, Hsu C, Levine MH, et al. Hepatic functional deterioration after locoregional therapy (LRT) for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) measured by hepatic cholate clearance: a pilot study. Journal of Clinical Oncology 36 (suppl 4), 2018, 468.
- Defining disease severity and measuring progression in primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC): a comparison of the disease severity index (DSI) from the HepQuant SHUNT test with serum alkaline phosphatase (alk phos).Hepatology. 2018; 68 (1087A)
Everson GT, Helmke SM. Defining and monitoring liver disease in chronic hepatitis C: a comparison of the disease severity index (DSI) from the HepQuant SHUNT test with Ishak fibrosis stage (IFS) from liver biopsy, Hepatology 68 (suppl 1), 2018, 910A. Presented at American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases 2018.
- Effect of obeticholic acid on liver function in patients with fibrosis due to NASH.J Hepatol. 2019; 70 (e149)
- Assessing hepatic impairment in Fontan-associated liver disease using the HepQuant SHUNT test.Congenit Heart Dis. 2019; 14: 978-986
- Functional improvement measured by a reduction in HepQuant's disease severity index (DSI) after sustained viral response (SVR) in advanced hepatitis C is related to severity of hepatic impairment as determined by baseline DSI.Hepatology. 2019; 70 (334A)
- Predicting decompensation, death, or liver transplantation in cirrhosis by using a non-invasive function test (HEPQUANT SHUNT®).Gastroenterology. 2020; (Digestive Disease Week.)https://hepquant.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/predicting-decompensation-death-or-liver-transplantation-in-cirrhosis-by-using-a-non-invasive-liver-function-test-hepquant-shunt%c2%ae-.pdf
Guidance for Industry: Bioanalytical Method Validation. US Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM), 2001. https://www.fda.gov/files/drugs/published/Bioanalytical-Method-Validation-Guidance-for-Industry.pdf. Accessed October 1, 2021.
- A guideline of selecting and reporting intraclass correlation coefficients for reliability research.J Chiropr Med. 2016; 15: 155-163
- Multiple comparison methods: establishing guidelines for their valid application in neuropsychological research.J Clin Exp Neuropsychol. 1994; 16: 155-161
- Statistical methods for assessing agreement between two methods of clinical measurement.Lancet. 1986; 1: 307-310
- Liver biopsy.Hepatology. 2009; 49: 1017-1044
- Fibrotest and fibroscan for the prediction of hepatitis C-related fibrosis: a systematic review of diagnostic test accuracy.Am J Gastroenterol. 2007; 102: 2589-2600
- Review article: the prothrombin time test as a measure of bleeding risk and prognosis in liver disease.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2007; 26: 141-148